In celebrating my 27th birthday in Korea this week, I was encouraged to reflect on the countless blessings the Lord has poured over my life in the past 27 years. Here are but a few of them; may they inspire you to gratitude.
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever.” – Psalm 136:1
1. God’s Unconditional Love that surrounds me, restores me and completes me.
2. God’s Unlimited Grace that receives my ashes in exchange for a crown (Isaiah 61:3).
3. God’s Word that is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path (Psalm 119:105).
4. The hard times which test my faith because I know they are creating perseverance within me and strengthening my character (James 1:2-3).
5. My family that will stick by my side no matter what happens.
6. My big sister whose life has taught me about grace, humility and compassion.
7. My little brother whose life has taught me about discipline, determination and strength.
8. Pastor Eddie, Daniel, Mike, Joel and Isaac – five honourable men of God who lead by example and practice what they preach.
9. Onnuri English Ministry for being God’s hands and feet – my home away from home.
10. The friends that cry with me when I cry and laugh with me when I laugh.
11. Those who reject me for they teach me powerful lessons of humility and forgiveness.
12. This blog and the opportunity to bring God Glory and encourage others.
13. Colourful flowers because they remind me of God’s Provision (Matthew 6:28-29).
14. My students who somehow always end up teaching me more than I teach them.
15. Seasons of abundance; not always tangible but always more than I deserve.
16. Seasons of drought, because they deepen my dependence on God.
17. The Victory that I have in Christ; the battle has already been won.
18. My weaknesses, because in them, God’s Strength can be made known so powerfully.
19. Sight – the ability to see and appreciate the beauty of God’s creation.
20. Vision – the ability to dream of something bigger than my own abilities.
21. The rain that washes away my tears.
22. The rainbow that follows – God’s Promise of His Faithfulness.
23. The warmth of the sun beating down on my face – like a warm embrace from my Father.
24. A heart that beats, even when it hurts, for it hurts because it has first loved.
25. Living in Canada, a country with such freedom and opportunity.
26. Teaching in Korea, where I can use my freedom to fight for those who are oppressed.
27. Jesus. My Saviour, my Lord, my Friend, my Rock, my Redeemer, my Light, my Everything.
Awww thanks girl~ LOVE YOU xoxo