Recently, I have really been loving the song Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin. The lyrics are a powerful reminder of God’s Faithfulness, Provision and Love.
the God of angel armies is always by my side.
The one who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine.
The God of angel armies is always by my side…
Nothing formed against me shall stand,
You hold the whole world in your hand.
I’m holding onto Your Promises, You are Faithful.” Amen
1. I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind: God goes before us and He has prepared a way for us. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future” Jeremiah 29:11. God stands behind us in protection and support. When people say, ‘I will stand behind you’ it means they are pledging their allegiance. God is FOR us!
2. The God of angel armies is always by my side: This is really amazing to me… it puts something important into perspective for me. He is the All Mighty, All Powerful God who commands armies of angels and He is BY MY SIDE. Always. God promises “And surely, I will be with you alwans, even to the end of the age” Matthew 28:20. This reminds me that He is going through life with me, every single moment. He is beside me when I’m happy, when I’m hurt, when I’m triumphant, when I’m mourning. He is always with me.
3. The God who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine: This also blows my mind. God is our friend, yes, but we can’t forget He is the ruler of eternity! How amazing is that? My friend… that means he wants an intimate relationship with me. The King of the Universe is my best friend.
4. Nothing formed against me shall stand, He’s got the whole world in His hands: “If God is for us, who then can be against us?” Romans 8:31. God is our Protector and our Shield. We don’t have to fear the enemy because the Victory is God’s! He is in control and sovereign over all things. Even when life doesn’t make sense or we feel like God has abandoned us in our trials, it’s not true, He is there and He has a PURPOSE for all things, even our deepest sorrows.
5. I’m holding onto Your Promises, You are Faithful: This part is very dear to my heart because it is a beautiful reminder that God keeps His Word. Unlike man who often fails, God’s Promises never fail. He is incapable of breaking His Promises. “The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does” Psalm 145:13. We must claim Victory over all the sin, doubt, fear in our lives because God’s Word is our life line. He promises to be our Strength and to heal the broken hearted and to give us everything we need to accomplish His Will. We must believe and live by these Promises. God is Faithful. Amen.